Weaving Pattern Editor
Remote Freelance Opportunity
We are looking for a detail-oriented Weaving Pattern Editor to support our pattern publishing at Gist Yarn.
This person will work directly with our weaving pattern designers and our tech editor to review, format, and publish new weaving patterns. Patterns typically take 4-5 hours each.
- Reviewing the pattern and draft file the designer submits.
- Checking for any errors, and editing for clarity as needed.
- Communicating with designers about any changes needed.
- Formatting into our pattern template in Adobe InDesign.
- Submitting to our tech editor and incorporating any changes to the finished document.
- Advanced technical knowledge in both rigid heddle and multi-shaft weaving
- Familiarity with weaving software
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Some copy editing experience
This is a part-time, remote, freelance opportunity with flexible hours. To apply, please send a cover letter and samples of patterns you wrote or edited to firstname.lastname@example.org.