A Weaver's Guide To Yarn by Liz Gipson - Digital Edition
$ 14.00 USD
A Weaver’s Guide to Yarn is one weaver’s attempt to unlock the mysteries of selecting yarns for weaving on the rigid-heddle loom, although the information is widely applicable to all loom types.
Written with the rigid-heddle weaver in mind, this book starts with selecting yarns, the biggest stumbling block for weavers, then dives into how to measure it, how it is made, and what it is made of. There are tips for buying yarn in all the ways you can find it.
In this guide you will find:
- How to substitute one yarn for another
- The secret to selecting the perfect sett
- Color theory for weavers
- A checklist for how to know which yarn to use for what purpose
- Comprehensive fiber information
- Yarn construction fundamentals
- How to decode yarn information in a weaving pattern
Born from countless hours interacting with weavers and listening to their befuddlement over yarn issues, this guide is created to peel away the layers and give you the information you need to succeed.
This 74 page guide will be delivered immediately after checkout.