Pre-Order Weaver's PlayBox #3 ~ Bundle 2
$ 115.00 USD
The Rigid Heddle Weaver’s Playbox is our collaboration with Liz Gipson of Yarnworker and is a box filled with yarn from North American mills and dye houses paired with a PDF that will help you expand your rigid heddle weaving skills.
This box is appropriate for the advanced beginner who is ready to tackle wider fabrics. We assume you have woven a couple of projects, feel comfortable with basic weaving vocabulary, and are ready for a challenge.
The projects require a rigid heddle loom with at least 10" of weaving width, a 12 or 12.5 dent heddle and a stick shuttle or boat shuttle. The pattern is easily adaptable to wider fabrics.
Weaver's PlayBox #3 Bundle 2 includes:
- Echoview Fiber Mill Lapidary in Chyrsocolla ~ fingering weight, 3-ply 50% merino/50% tencel, 400 yd per 3.5 oz skein, 1813 yd/lb
- Sweet Georgia Yarns Merino Silk Lace in West Wind ~ lace weight, 2-ply 50% merino/50% silk, 765 yd per 3.5 oz skein, 3,497 yd/lb
- Swans Island Sterling in Tourmaline ~ fingering weight, 3-ply, 85% merino/15% naturally black alpaca, 525 yd per 3.5 oz skein, 2,400 yd/lb
Including in the box is a pattern that explores a nifty cramming technique to create texture and colorwork with fingering and ultra lace yarns to light-as-air fabrics. The generous yardage of each 3.5 oz skein will allow you to make three scarves, one is an infinitely versatile “skinny scarf”; a scarf and a stole; or a shawl—all generous in length for wrapping up on chilly summer night or air-conditioned spaces. Narrower widths can be seamed together using an open lacy stitch to create wider fabrics.
Weaver's PlayBox #3 Book Bundle includes:
- All of the above + a digital copy of Liz Gipson's extremely comprehensive 78-page A Weaver's Guide to Yarn. Never wonder about yarn again!
Weaver's PlayBox Loom Bundle includes:
- All of the above + our rigid heddle starter pack -- everything you need to get weaving.