Weaver's PlayBox # 2 ~ San Diego
$ 100.00 USD
This is a pre-order. We expect to ship PlayBoxes in mid-late September.
We are thrilled to collaborate with Liz Gipson of Yarnworker on a Weaver's PlayBox that is filled with yarn, project inspiration, and helpful tips created especially for rigid heddle weavers.
Our second box is all about sharing our passion for cotton and linen in its many forms, with a focus on weaving towels.
This Weaver's PlayBox includes:
- Each box includes 5 skeins / cones of yarn from 4 of our favorite North American mills: Cestari in Virginia, Brassard in Quebec, Huntingdon Yarn Mill in Pennsylvania, and Meridian in North Carolina.
- Liz Gipson's beautifully designed 11-page PDF guide packed with project information and techniques that teach you how to make 9 different towels on 3 different warps (see a few of these example towels in the photos). Your box includes enough yarn to choose and make at least a dozen towels.
- You will need a rigid heddle loom with at least a 15" weaving width, and a 10 dent heddle, to complete these projects.
Weaver's PlayBox Book Bundle includes:
- All of the above + a digital copy of Liz Gipson's extremely comprehensive 78-page A Weaver's Guide to Yarn. Never wonder about yarn again!
Weaver's PlayBox Loom Bundle includes:
- All of the above + a 16" Ashford SampleIt Rigid Heddle Loom + a 16" 7.5 dent reed and a 16" 10 dent reed + 2 pickup sticks (everything you need to get weaving)
the yarns in this play box are great whether you're a beginner weaver, beginner rigid heddle user, or experienced. The whole process of using the yarns, and the information provided for the projects has been FUN! and the additional support on the FB group is great too.