Pre-Order Weaver's PlayBox # 2 ~ San Diego
$ 100.00 USD
This is a pre-order. We expect to ship PlayBoxes in March.
We are thrilled to collaborate with Liz Gipson of Yarnworker on a Weaver's PlayBox that is filled with yarn, project inspiration, and helpful tips created especially for rigid heddle weavers.
Our second box is all about sharing our passion for cotton and linen in its many forms, with a focus on weaving towels.
This Weaver's PlayBox includes:
- Each box includes 5 skeins / cones of yarn from 4 of our favorite North American mills: Cestari in Virginia, Brassard in Quebec, Huntingdon Yarn Mill in Pennsylvania, and Meridian in North Carolina.
- Liz Gipson's beautifully designed 11-page PDF guide packed with project information and techniques that teach you how to make 9 different towels on 3 different warps (see a few of these example towels in the photos). Your box includes enough yarn to choose and make at least 8 towels.
- You will need a rigid heddle loom with at least a 15" weaving width, and a 10 dent heddle, to complete these projects.
Weaver's PlayBox Book Bundle includes:
- All of the above + a digital copy of Liz Gipson's extremely comprehensive 78-page A Weaver's Guide to Yarn. Never wonder about yarn again!
Weaver's PlayBox Loom Bundle includes:
- All of the above + a 16" Ashford SampleIt Rigid Heddle Loom + a 16" 7.5 dent reed and a 16" 10 dent reed + 2 pickup sticks (everything you need to get weaving)
Everything I have ordered before has been great. I am in the middle of another warp, so I haven’t used these new yarns yet. But, I’ll bet they are fabulous.
I LOVED this! I’ve new to weaving and have so much to learn about how the warp and weft affect each other. With this box, you use the same warp but different wefts, giving the change to play and learn. The instructions were clear, the yarns beautiful and generous and my resulting dishtowels are gorgeous!
I am so grateful for Gist Yarn and the play boxes , especially during this isolated time. The yarns are perfectly selected for the project designs. Love the color combinations. I previously ordered Play Box #1 and had great using the wools sent.
I loved receiving new yarns - love the Cestari and the Mallo - they feel sooooo nice. Will be purchasing more of these in the future.
I haven’t used my yarns yet, but they are gorgeous! They are perfectly matched for many projects. I can’t wait to begin working with them this weekend.