A Note About COVID-19
Sarah here, the owner of this weaving yarn shop.
It is an unsettling and scary time we are living in. My unending gratitude goes out to healthcare workers and everyone else working on the front lines of this crisis.
We are committed to staying open as long as we are able to amidst this crisis. We know that yarn and weaving brings calm and peacefulness to many of our customers, and a sense of a supportive community to all of us. Your orders help to keep our business surviving, our team remotely employed, and our vendors with their own stream of cash coming in. We are thankful for your support, now and always.
This is how we have adapted our business to best protect the health of our team, our customers, and the public:
- We have only one person handling yarn and doing shipping. No one else has access to the yarn.
- Shipping is done in complete isolation, two mornings per week.
- All surfaces and door handles are frequently disinfected.
- We are "quarantining" all inbound packages for at least 48 hours, since some data have indicated that COVID-19 may, under some specific circumstances, survive on the outside of cardboard packages for up to 24 hours. If you are concerned about your packages getting contaminated while on route to you, you can leave them on your porch for a day or two before bringing them in, or just make sure to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water after unpacking your order and discarding the shipping box.
A few other things:
- The mills we work with are, of course, also affected by this crisis. We are doing the best we can to keep things in stock but some things will definitely sell out.
- We are currently not able to restock our Alpaca or Italian yarns. We are pretty well stocked as of this writing (3/23/20) so if you have something you need, make sure to get your order in soon.
- Ashford is no longer able to ship equipment, so those items are out of stock until further notice.
- Our own lines of yarn, Duet and Mallo, have rapidly diminishing stock. We are working hard to get them restocked but are not sure that we will be able to during this time. We will keep you posted.
If you have any questions about this, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get through this, and get through it together. Thank you for your support.
Sarah Resnick, owner of GIST: Yarn & Fiber