Ashford Knitter's Loom Rigid Heddle Weaving Starter Pack
$ 440.00 USD $ 420.00 USD
Everything you need to get started with Rigid Heddle weaving! The Knitter's Loom and all accessories are made in New Zealand by Ashford. The Knitter's Loom is lightweight and portable, and comes assembled and finished, ready to start weaving. The Starter Pack includes:
- 20" Ashford Knitter's Rigid Heddle Loom
- Carrying Bag
- 7.5 dent, 10 dent, and 12.5 dent reed
- 2 stick shuttles
- Double End Threading Hook
- Warping Peg
- Warping Guide
The Deluxe Starter Pack includes everything above plus:
- 20" Ashford Knitter's Loom Stand (please note: NEW model will ship in September, current model is unavailable)
- Wooden Bobbin Winder
- 11.5" Boat Shuttle
- 12 Bobbins for a Boat Shuttle
- Fringe Twister
Starter Packs ship free in the US! We are sorry, but we are not able to ship looms to any country but the USA. (We are very happy to send our international customers any yarn you'd like :-)
This is my first loom that's not for potholder loops. The engineering and construction are first rate, and the weaving is fast and easy to do. The only bad thing I can say about the loom is that the clamps that hold the loom and peg to tables for warping are useless. We've been using actual hardware clamps--shaft down to hold the loom and shaft up to act as the peg.
My experience of getting the loom is another story. Whatever loom you choose, and wherever you choose to buy it, find out the answers to these questions first:
1. Is the loom in stock, or will it be shipping from overseas?
2. What is the timeline? Is that the pandemic timeline or the pre-pandemic timeline?
3. Will you be charged when you place your order or not until it ships months later?
Your vendor should be able to give you transparent and accurate answers.